2007-04-05

I bus it to work - 3 buses at ~1½ hours each way, five days a week - all for nearly the past 4 years now.

I want to do the right thing: save the environment, stop global warming, make the air more breathable for the next generation. All this without the influence of annoying media-whore enviro-kooks like Dr David Suzuki.

But it's becoming more difficult to do the right thing. So many things piss me off with the bus these days:

  • waiting around for 30 mins in -20°C weather;

  • iTards playing their "music" at the volume of a jack-hammer so that I can hear it all the way from the other end of a 40ft bus - some don't even bother using earphones at all;

  • smokers who just have to take one last big drag and board the bus before emptying their deceased lungs;

  • jobs-worth bus drivers who will drop me off right at the stop, where all the mud is, even though there is a patch of concrete just 2 meters ahead.

On their own, these are all things I could put up with periodically, even a few months of winter weather, but what actually bugs me the most are the inconsiderate iPod tuckfards playing their tinny $hit, usually R&B or cRap, every fricking day.

So, starting this Spring, I am going for my G1 license. Our little-used second car will help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i ride the transit too, and those itards piss me off, when are they going to get it--0 advance card cash credit