2006-01-29

Decided to add a bit more to my blog customisation to gradually move away from Minima Black, one of the default Blog*Spot templates. I initially chose Minima Black, because I find pages with white backgrounds too hard on the eye.

However, I don't want my blog to look just like all the other Minima Black-based blogs out there, so I added some animated .gif's, courtesy of Flaming Text. Then I coded some JavaScript that is called when the <$BlogItemTitle$> meta-tag is used in the template, referencing either <Rant> or <Rave> in the blog title. Now I have a customised blog title, stating if the blog entry is negative (rant) and/or positive (rave).

Finally, another part of the script keeps track of how many rants and raves I have posted (in the current blog index) which is displayed over on the right-hand side-bar.

No comments: